Why join Team Amano?
- Competitive hourly pay rate.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment collaborating with like-minded professionals.
- Regular CPD e.g. Assistive Technology, disability and best practice.
- Streamlined digital systems with e-signatures and e-invoicing to minimise admin time.
- Student app that enables learners to monitor remaining support hours, approve timesheets, view their DSA documents and more.
We are looking for a University Notetakers in the Bristol and Langford area.
Amano Student Support:
Amano is an accredited and certified Disabled Students Allowance Non-Medical Help Provider offering academic student support across the UK. For 10 years our reputation has been built on a professional, reliable and friendly approach to student support.
To meet the increasing demand for our first class support we are expanding our team of specialist support consultants.
The Amano approach gives:
• Student focussed support
• Academic support towards goals and aspirations
• Hassle-free arrangements
• Student choice and empowerment
• Flexibility in delivery
• Adaptable support for changing needs.
- Activity: To support students who require notes to be taken on their behalf, for example because they have a physical impairment, are deaf or dyslexic.
- The activity of notetaking is to produce an accurate and legible handwritten record of the content of lectures, seminars, discussions, off-campus events etc. in the student’s preferred style and format. Notes should contain pertinent information from the session (and any questions and discussion if required), may include diagrams and may be referenced to any hand-outs. The notetaker must hand over notes in the agreed format within a specified time frame.
- Skills required: Clear and legible handwriting at speed; accurate spelling and grammar skills; familiarity with subject specific vocabulary and technical language; disability awareness and deaf awareness specifically when working with deaf students.
- You MUST have a standard of education to at least second year degree level for this role.
- It is desirable if you have completed of specialist notetaker training which includes the formal assessment and evaluation of skills and suitability, the successful achievement of that assessment and evaluation.
Amano offer you:
- A rewarding and flexible role
- Support from a professional and friendly team
- Comprehensive CPD
- Choice of freelance or zero hour contract basis
- Innovative, easy-to-use Amano App.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV if you would be interested in carrying out this role alongside your studies.
Mandatory Qualification Criteria
All Amano Learning Support Consultants are required to meet certain mandatory qualification criteria and/or have professional body membership.
Please see the DfE Guidance Document.