Why join Team Amano?
- Competitive hourly pay rate.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment collaborating with like-minded professionals.
- Regular CPD e.g. Assistive Technology, disability and best practice.
- Streamlined digital systems with e-signatures and e-invoicing to minimise admin time.
- Student app that enables learners to monitor remaining support hours, approve timesheets, view their DSA documents and more.
We are looking for a Study Assistant in the Bristol area.
Amano Student Support:
Amano is an accredited and certified Disabled Students Allowance Non-Medical Help Provider offering academic student support across the UK. For 10 years our reputation has been built on a professional, reliable and friendly approach to student support.
To meet the increasing demand for our first class support we are expanding our team of specialist support consultants.
The Amano approach gives:
- Student focussed support
- Academic support towards goals and aspirations
- Hassle-free arrangements
- Student choice and empowerment
- Flexibility in delivery
- Adaptable support for changing needs
The role of a study assistant is to provide support to higher education (HE) students, your students will have a disability or perhaps complex circumstances, and your role will help the student to adapt to the academic demands of HE.
The role includes:
- Supporting students to develop their independence and autonomy, for example by providing support with issues such as time keeping and organisational skills etc.
- Practical support e.g. In lectures, the library, or workshops etc.
- Providing relevant information or signposting to other services.
- Supporting a disabled student during examinations.
- An understanding of the learning challenges associated with disability.
- Excellent communication skills and a listener.
- A student focused and effective problem-solving approach.
- A proactive, reliable and self-motivated attitude.
- Alertness to support concerns and an understanding of the actions to take.
- A keen attention to detail with accurate and timely record keeping.
- A team worker able to link with other student support.
- You will have studied at Level 4 or above.
- Availability to work at times led by student study timetables.
- Previous experience of support of higher education students or working in HE
- Experience of support to people with mental health difficulties and/or autism
- Educational qualifications in teaching and learning, or mental health mentoring, or wellbeing coaching.
Amano offer you:
- A rewarding and flexible role
- Support from a professional and friendly team
- Comprehensive CPD
- Choice of freelance or zero hour contract basis
- Innovative, easy-to-use Amano App.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV if you would be interested in carrying out this role alongside your studies
Mandatory Qualification Criteria
All Amano Learning Support Consultants are required to meet certain mandatory qualification criteria and/or have professional body membership.
Please see the DfE Guidance Document.